17 June, 2008

successful swimmers

Well, we successfully completed swim lessons again this year. Berkley gained more confidence in herself and is really enjoying swimming on her own. She is now jumping off the diving board and swimming to the side of the pool without any help, and she is working on taking breaths as she swims. Beckham didn't need a "confidence boost" when it came to being around the water, but he did need some work on water skills. He has now learned to keep his mouth closed under water, keeping himself from drinking the entire pool. He has become a master at blowing bubbles, and he is learning to kick his legs and move his arms at the same time while keeping his face underwater. Berkley and Beckham both had a great time and are excited about the summer ahead of them and all of their swimming opportunities at the pool and the lake.





Here is Berkley posing with her new t-shirt. Beckham showing off his shirt as well. I'm not sure what that face is?!?



Here is Berkley with her friends from swim class, Hannah and Emma Beth. They were all getting ready to show off their skills. Parents were invited to watch during the last lesson to see what everyone had learned.

Berkley had fun showing us her skills! She looked pretty proud of herself!



Here she is swimming to her teacher, Mr. Evan.



Last, but certainly not least, Berkley got to show us her skills on the diving board!

Beckham actually jumped off the diving board too, but unfortunately my battery on my camera died. (I know, nice planning by mom!) I hate that I don't have any video footage to show of him, but I am sure there will be plenty to capture this summer. Here is Matt & Beckham warming up in the pool together and having a blast!

Here he is showing off his kicking skills... nice work!

We are all really looking forward to spending the summer in the water and staying cool!!!

4 comments:

Kara said...

It looks like they had so much fun! We are looking forward to lots of pool time this summer too! Do they offer swim lessons for kids Bransons age (14 months)?

Anonymous said...

So fun! I'm so proud of them! I wish I had pool access here to teach my kids!

Erin said...

Yay for swimming. I used to teach swimming lessons and I know just how exciting it is to see a kid have confidence and skills in the water!! Hooray!! By the way, I love lovelove the music. Sometimes I go to your blog while Abby is eating just to hear music. :)

melanie said...

Thanks for all the fun comments. Kara, The Dive Spot does offer the parent/tot class for kid's Branson's age. Erin, I'm glad you love the music. It is so easy to add. You'll have to try it!!! I am obviously addicted to this blogging stuff!!