06 June, 2008

birthday babes

Happy Birthday Marmie & Cha Cha!!! My mom (Marmie) and one of her friends since childhood (Cha Cha) both celebrate birthdays at the beginning of June. Cha Cha (Marsha's grandmother name) moved to this area a year or two ago. Both of her children live here now too. In fact, her daughter is named Amy also, and she got married in my parent's backyard just like my sister and I both did. Marsha's daughter, Amy, has a little boy who was born just 4 days before Brenner. His name is Eli. We have been wanting to get them together for a playdate with their grandmothers, but had yet to do so. We decided a birthday celebration would be a great reason! We planned a birthday lunch at my mom's house to celebrate and play together.

Cha Cha & Marmie blowing out their birthday candles together.
Brenner absolutely loved his party hat and was completely entertained by all of the festivities!
Berkley also had a great time. She LOVES parties... especially getting ready for them. This morning she had to change her clothes once she realized that Marmie's party was today. She insisted on wearing a pretty dress for the big celebration.
The birthday party obviously made a big impression on Berkley. We had not been home 5 minutes when I walked in the playroom to find this scene:
Baby Owen and Elmo were treated to a fabulous birthday celebration of their own.
This is one of the things that I love about Berkley. She pays such attention to things in certain situations and once she is home the scene is acted out in her own way. Each day when she returns home from preschool, I love to watch her play. I always know exactly what went on at school that day and what she learned, because she acts it out play by play with all of her babies and animals. (She, of course, is the teacher. And if Beckham is lucky, her gets to be one of her students.) Wouldn't it be nice if she would continue this pattern as a teenager?!? To learn things that went on throughout her day without having to ask her... I could only be so lucky!

Happy Birthday Marmie & Cha Cha! We love you!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Brenner is so big in the photo!!! Berkley is too cute with the birthday party at home!

Teri said...

Oh to have a girl! I can't wait! Sweet Berkley...

Matt said...

Dad is all for his little girl sharing everything....that way I'll know exactly who's throat to choke or at least who I need to shine the shot gun for!