02 June, 2008

exhaustion

exhaustion - n.


1. extreme fatigue


2. serious weakening & loss of energy


3. the act of exhausting something entirely

How exactly do 3 lively, highly energetic, unexhaustable kids end up in this state of being? A weekend at the lake with Marmie & JT.

Matt has to take 3 different exams to get licensed to sell different types of insurance for his new job as a State Farm agent. He has been taking a prep class before each exam and his last class was this weekend in Arlington. I was not planning to go until some friends of ours invited us to a Ranger game on Saturday night. The plans could not have been more perfect, because Matt was already planning to be in Arlington Saturday and Sunday for his class. We decided it would be a great weekend getaway, so we recruited Marmie & JT for help. We loaded the kids up and headed to Lake Brownwood Thursday night where my parents have been working really hard to fix up the new lakehouse they recently bought. We all spent the night together enjoying the beautiful surroundings at the lake. Friday afternoon Matt & I headed to Arlington, leaving my parents alone with our busy b's for the entire weekend. As we were driving, we quickly realized that I have been away from my little b's very few times. We came to the conclusion that I left Berkley when she was 4 months old for 2 nights, was in the hospital for 2 nights when Beckham was born, left Berkley & Beckham with Matt for 2 nights while away on a girl's weekend, and was in the hospital again for 2 nights when Brenner was born. So Berkley has been away from me for a total of 8 nights, 4 of those I was in the hospital! Beckham has been away from me for 4 nights, 2 of those I was in the hospital! And Brenner... this was the first time for him to be away from me at 8 months of age. WOW!!! (The kids have spent the night at my parent's house several times when they were babysitting for us, but I didn't count those nights since they see me first thing the next morning!) Matt & I might need to plan a getaway a little more often. What do you think? Maybe that explains why my weekend was so wonderful... and I really didn't do anything that exciting. The highlights of the weekend were definitely dinner at Joe T. Garcia's Friday night, hanging out at the pool with my friends Jeremy & Crystal on Saturday while Matt was in class, the Ranger game Saturday night, late night dessert with Matt after the game just because we could, and hours of shopping ALONE!!! It was absolutely heavenly.

My busy b's had a fablous weekend as well... without me! Marmie & JT entertained them day and night it sounds like. They got to do lots of "swimming" in the hot tub, drove like "maniacs" on the sea-doos, ate lunch on a "runaway train car," drove the golf cart, went to the ranch, cooked muffins each morning, played on the front porch, and got to break a few rules along the way since they were with the grandparents! Thank you Marmie & JT for providing both our kids and Matt & I a wonderful weekend retreat. You blessed us all more than you can imagine. (I wonder what the photos would have looked like of Marmie & JT once we left?!?) I'm sure they have learned the meaning of exhaustion themselves!!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

why are "passed out" pictures always the funniest??

Teri said...

How precious! So this means Matt got the job he's been wanting!!! I have to call to find out details! Love you and miss you MORE!

Teri

Anonymous said...

Too cute! And yes! I do think you need to have some getaways more....perhaps a weekend in Salado??? :)

mukluk molly said...

this is so totally hilarious i almost cannot stand it. i love this blog...even though i get to see these cuties often, this is an awesome way to keep up with their daily life...love y'all!!! amy