15 July, 2008

birthday full of blessings

Today I celebrated my 32nd birthday and it was absolutely fabulous! My family has always loved celebrating birthdays, and we often make it at least a week long event... birthday week! I did in fact begin my celebrating last week at a wonderful lunch with my mom and sister. Amy & Chris are on vacation this week, so she wanted to celebrate early. Then I was able to have such an amazing weekend with great friends, I felt like I was celebrating the whole time. (Not to mention, we kind of were celebrating together! My friend, Karen, who stayed with us celebrated her birthday yesterday! Happy Belated Birthday Karen!)

My actual birthday began perfectly simply waking up surrounded by my beautiful family and wonderful friends who were still in town. Since my birthday fell on a Tuesday, Berkley & Beckham were headed to Mother's Day Out today. Some of my very special friends planned a birthday breakfast for me. It was so much fun. We met at Alley Cats downtown and ate breakfast, drank coffee, and did lots of talking just like we always do... but today it was especially wonderful. My friends blessed me tremendously celebrating my birthday with me, and it was even more perfect since my friend Teri was able to be there with us! Thank you girls for the wonderful celebration you gave me. I am blessed by each of you and cherish our friendships!

My precious girlfriends celebrating with me! After breakfast Brenner and I headed home for a little down time. Matt is fortunately home this week, but he does have a lot of studying to do. He offered to take me to a birthday lunch, but I was so full from breakfast that I actually opted to just eat a PB&J at home with him. (I know... I eat this almost every day and had a chance for something different? What was I thinking?) Lunch was wonderful, though, because it was just Matt, Brenner, and I. Brenner was in a wonderful mood and he really enjoyed having mommy & daddy all to himself. I also surprised Matt with a Half Birthday gift for him which was lots of fun. He is exactly 6 months older than me... or half a year older. Therefore, on each other's birthdays we are technically celebrating our half birthday! (There might be more to come on this surprise at a later date!) I picked Berkley & Beckham up from school and we headed to Sonic Happy Hour for a birthday drink. (We are always looking for an excuse to swing through Sonic!) Tonight we celebrated with Marmie & JT with a dinner at Lytle Land and Cattle Co. After we ate, we headed outside to JT's truck to open presents. The kids were getting a little restless and we decided it might be more enjoyable for everyone if we had a change of scenery. Needless to say, Beckham was thrilled to hang out in the back of the truck. Berkley & Brenner had a lot of fun too. I have to say that birthday tailgating was a great idea. Thank you to my entire family for giving me a birthday full of blessings.

It was a little windy while we tailgated, but we still had lots of fun!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Thank YOU for sharing yourselves with us. We were so blessed by our time spent with you and your sweet family. So thankful for you and your precious 32 years here on Earth. I'm so glad that God loaned you to us! ;) I will update my blog once I am back home!

donna said...

Happy belated bday, Melanie!!! I so enjoy reading your blog!! It's hard to believe we've known each other for 18 years...wow!! We've come along way!!
love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Yeah Happy Birthday...I missed this blog and just saw it! What fun yall must have had! Wish we could have been there with you!